The Relevance of Offline Virtual Tours
Excluding some remote countrysides web has pervaded every nook and corner of the human habitat, so what is the need of an offline virtual tour or for that matter anything that is offline? There are so many reasons why offline tours are relevant still today. Let’s discuss one by one.
- Cost: State of the art online virtual tours sometimes becomes prohibitively expensive. Creating a better online virtual tour and maintaining it, both are expensive. Registering domain (if you don’t have a web presence), developing virtual tour content and making virtual tours them web-ready takes a lot. Offline web development eliminates many of these things.
- Technology: Online virtual tours rely largely on the speed of data transfer on the net and the processing speed of computers. There have been instances of computer crash. It also requires the understanding of several nitty gritty related to web technology in addition to just creating a 3D virtual tour. An executable offline virtual tour can run fairly smooth on all i386s and Macs. Besides, it does not requires the ever upcoming web know-hows.
- Accessibility: One can carry an offline virtual tour package in a disk or a business diskette whereas any online virtual resource can be accessed if you are connected to the net. With the disk/diskette with your pocket you are can always get a peek on the contents. US and EU might ignore the fact but a considerable part of the globe is still not connected to the much hyped web.
- Fleeting nature: As a netizen can you recall exactly what you visited on the net yesterday? I can’t. And many of us will agree with me. Because web is so cluttered that we do more skipping to the sleek pages that actually read them. Eight years back I was getting more relevant information on the web on Google search, but today I am carried to a business portal 90% of the time. I end up at a boutique starting a search for aesthetics of female beauty. Offline virtual resource is specific and targeted.
- Recall Value: An offline virtual tour has much recall value than an online one. Because you are at leisure you can look at it, probably you won’t tend to skip it for the junks.
- Niche Marketing: Online resources has been targeted towards a homogeneous traffic. The web has proliferated to a bewildering extent. And it is increasing. If you know for sure that you are going to deal a few niche market than it better with offline virtual tour. A company manufacturing Airbuses should better push a CD virtual tour presentation to an private Flight Operator.